Thursday, June 19, 2014

Writing skills task for class 10

Task for writing skills

Victoria Slater is truly attached to her Grandpa. As she sees the elders in her family quarrel over the inheritance, she is bewildered and upset by their attitude. As Victoria write a diary entry outlining the incident and your feelings. (150 words)

21st June, 2014
Monday
11:30 AM

Dear Diary,

Today was the saddest day I have ever experienced. In the morning, when I was playing on the streets, my mother called me and shouted on me angrily for being so cheerful when my grandfather was dead in the morning. The news of my grandfather shocked me. I was sad to hear that. I saw grandfather early morning today going to the church. I was definitely sad for the grandfather’s death by the behavior of elderly people in my family made me sadder. I saw that these elders are more concerned about the grandfather’s property. They do not want grandfather to leave with them. They feel that grandfather is a burden on them. Instead of mourning on the death, my whole family of elder people were interested in talking about tea and cup cakes, about making creative obituary, about dividing the things up and about pinching some of the things. When suddenly grandfather got up from his motionless sleep, all these elders started behaving as if they care for the grandfather. Their materialistic attitude made them to reveal their own nature to grandfather. Though finally I was happy that my dearest grandfather is alive, I am sad to see that my own mother, father, uncle and aunt, wanted no grandfather but only his money.

This has hurt me beyond repair.

Victoria Slater


1 comment:

RETHINKING THE PURPOSE OF HOMEWORK

In education in India, homework has long been viewed as a staple, a marker of a student's engagement with academic material. Yet, the qu...